DO A CLOTHES SWAP
A free and brilliant way to clear out some space and refresh your wardrobe with some new clothes.
Find a venue
- A table at school or in the office.
- Your front room.
- A hall or community centre if you’re going big.
Promote, promote, promote
- Posters, social media, just telling everyone about what you’re up to, why you’re doing it and why it’s a brilliant idea for them to get involved.
Give all the info
- Make sure people know to bring good quality, clean clothes.
- Plan your set up and whether you want them to hang clothes or not.
- Be clear on whether they can swap shoes as well or other items.
- Let everyone know what will happen to clothes left behind – which charity they’ll go to for example.
- Organise the clothes as best you can so people can easily see what’s available and they can move around tables and rails.
- Have a full length mirror somewhere.
- Set up a changing area.
- Play some music.
- Hand out snacks and drinks.
- After the swap take the clothes to charity or save for the next event.
Go here for more info on clothes swapping.